Today’s picture is of the guy who almost ruined my Thursday. I had to go to the dentist (follow-up on a root canal I had a few weeks ago – OUCH!) and when I came out, someone had proved they needed a copy of Parking for Dummies (my car is on the right):

I went back into the building, where there are several offices, but no one would admit to driving a blue Echo and not being able to park it. I had to climb in from the passenger side, over the console, and squeeze into the driver’s seat – not an easy task in a small car! Too bad I couldn’t find the driver – I would have hauled them out and made them move it!

10 comments for “Saturday Snapshot

1. March 16, 2013 at 10:37 am

Oh, I hate when that happens! I have dings on the side of my car from people who don’t know how to park!

2. March 16, 2013 at 12:27 pm

That makes me so mad when people do that – it happens a lot here, usually in supermarket car parks, and people park so close, in narrow bays, that there’s no way you can get in through the driver’s door. Once I got back to the car and found a huge four by four on each side, and I couldn’t get into the car at all! My Snapshot is at

3. March 16, 2013 at 12:38 pm

That’s terrible! It amazes me how some people just don’t know how to park — so inconsiderate! Glad you were able to manage to get into your car and get out though!

Here’s my SATURDAY SNAPSHOT post.

4. March 16, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Don’t you wonder!

5. March 16, 2013 at 3:58 pm

People amaze me sometimes.

6. March 16, 2013 at 4:25 pm

How frustrating! Let me guess, there was plenty of room on the driver’s side of the other car.

7. March 17, 2013 at 1:09 am

Ah the benefits of driving on the other side of the road! I was thinking “yeah he’s a bit close to your passengers side, but that’s ok”, then the penny dropped.

March 17, 2013 at 12:23 pm

True enough, but then he’d have never been able to open his driver’s door without bashing my car!

9. March 18, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Oh the stories I could tell you about the moronic parents at the grade school parking lot! You have my sympathies!

10. March 21, 2013 at 6:36 am

So frustrating! Maybe parking lot planners should have slightly larger spaces. No excuse for this small car, but larger vehicles really can’t fit & be courteous too. (I drive a small car.)