By Lisa. Filed in Saturday Snapshot  |

Today’s picture is of the guy who almost ruined my Thursday. I had to go to the dentist (follow-up on a root canal I had a few weeks ago – OUCH!) and when I came out, someone had proved they needed a copy of Parking for Dummies (my car is on the right):

I went back into the building, where there are several offices, but no one would admit to driving a blue Echo and not being able to park it. I had to climb in from the passenger side, over the console, and squeeze into the driver’s seat – not an easy task in a small car! Too bad I couldn’t find the driver – I would have hauled them out and made them move it!

1. Comment by Laurel-Rain Snow:

Oh, I hate when that happens! I have dings on the side of my car from people who don’t know how to park!

Here’s MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

2. Comment by Christine Harding:

That makes me so mad when people do that – it happens a lot here, usually in supermarket car parks, and people park so close, in narrow bays, that there’s no way you can get in through the driver’s door. Once I got back to the car and found a huge four by four on each side, and I couldn’t get into the car at all! My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/U62WN

3. Comment by Melissa @ Melissa's Bookshelf:

That’s terrible! It amazes me how some people just don’t know how to park — so inconsiderate! Glad you were able to manage to get into your car and get out though!

Here’s my SATURDAY SNAPSHOT post.

4. Comment by irene:

Don’t you wonder!

5. Comment by bermudaonion(Kathy):

People amaze me sometimes.

6. Comment by Janel @ Creating Tasty Stories:

How frustrating! Let me guess, there was plenty of room on the driver’s side of the other car.

7. Comment by Louise:

Ah the benefits of driving on the other side of the road! I was thinking “yeah he’s a bit close to your passengers side, but that’s ok”, then the penny dropped.

8. Comment by Lisa:

True enough, but then he’d have never been able to open his driver’s door without bashing my car!

9. Comment by Alyce:

Oh the stories I could tell you about the moronic parents at the grade school parking lot! You have my sympathies!

10. Comment by Debbie Rodgers @Exurbanis:

So frustrating! Maybe parking lot planners should have slightly larger spaces. No excuse for this small car, but larger vehicles really can’t fit & be courteous too. (I drive a small car.)