Usually, I have happy pictures for Saturday Snapshot, but this is a little different. I was going through some photos I took on a recent trip to St. Louis, and I came across this one. Sadly, it is not someone’s weekend campsite, this is someone’s home. Now, I don’t know what the winter weather is like in St Louis, but it looks like a good rain could wash this all away. Plus, there is the irony of taking the photo while on a tourist boat cruise, sipping a drink and enjoying the nice weather. It puts me in a very sad place.

14 comments for “Saturday Snapshot

1. October 8, 2011 at 11:44 am

That is very sad.

2. October 8, 2011 at 1:29 pm

It certainly looks like there’s a story there to be told.

3. October 8, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Makes me want to find out more…what happened? who was there? etc.

4. October 8, 2011 at 1:53 pm

That is sad. Like Alyce wondered, there has to be quite the story behind that.

5. Kay
    October 8, 2011 at 2:03 pm

We take a lot of things for granted don’t we? Sitting here in our homes with our computers. Sigh.

6. October 8, 2011 at 2:04 pm

You’re right to post it. Too often we ignore those who are struggling. Here’s Mine

7. October 8, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Very sad!! But the truth is, that could happen to any of us. Thanks for the reminder of how Blessed my family is.

8. October 8, 2011 at 3:22 pm

That is sad. And Vicki is right… we need to count our blessings as this could happen to anyone.

9. October 8, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Like your photo, I’ve seen a tent under the trees in our area park. Must be cold there at night, and damp.

10. October 8, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Sad. But then in India, we are used to see homeless people all around. That has somewhat made us apathetic. Sadly a true reflection…

Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

11. October 9, 2011 at 8:39 am

So very sad. Scenes like this just reinforce how lucky most of us are.

Thanks for your expression of sympathy at the loss of our cat Libby:(
    Have a wonderful Sunday!

12. October 9, 2011 at 9:24 am

One of the places we go to regluarly on weekends has a man living in his car in a nearby parking lot. The first time we saw him we thought his car was broken down and he was waiting for help, but it has been a month or two and his is always there with a tarp over his car. It is sad.

13. October 9, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Sometimes we need to see pictures like this to remind us how blessed we are. And like Alyce & Stacy–I wonder what the story is behind it. Why they picked such a precarious place?

Here’s my snapshot: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/10/saturday-snapshot-october-8.html

14. October 10, 2011 at 2:03 am

Yes, sad. And it seems to be happening more and more. Occasionally I’ll see a parked car that looks like someone is living in it, and they probably are. And they become invisible to us.