Teaser Tuesday!

This week has barely started and it’s already Tuesday!

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week, I am finishing up Roastbeef’s Promise, a story about a young man who is fulfilling his father’s dying wish: to have his son sprinkle his ashes in each of 48 contiguous US states. Early on in the book, Roastbeef talks about his father’s funeral plans:

“He had decided on everything: white gardenia flowers, a silver-plated urn that looked like a tea kettle without the spout, a mix of religious and patriotic music, and a buffet table set up with Krispy Kreme glazed donuts. He even left a handwritten note for the mortician saying, ‘Anyone caught crying at the funeral should be asked to leave.'”

Now that sounds like some pre-planning I could get behind. What’s teasing YOU this week?

14 comments for “Teaser Tuesday!

1. Amy
    August 9, 2011 at 9:26 am

Dad sounds like a bit of a control freak! That is some major planning. I’m wonder if he left his son some money to use to travel to the 48 states sprinkling his ashes…sounds like a difficult task, too!

Fascinating premise and great teaser. I’ve never heard of this book but you certainly hooked me!

Amy’s Tuesday Teaser!

2. August 9, 2011 at 9:34 am

Wow. This dad obviously put a lot of thought into his arrangements. Wonder if he was terminally ill, giving him lots of time to think about it? Great teaser. If you get a chance, mine is here.

3. August 9, 2011 at 11:19 am

That is some pretty particular funeral plans, and I gotta say, I love the Krispy Kreme buffet table! Hehe, that’s a pretty interesting choice of funeral food, but I guess if you’re dead, it’s okay to enjoy a doughnut… Happy Reading! Book Savvy Babe

4. August 9, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Haha, nice teaser! The buffet table sounds great! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by Pawing Through Books!

5. August 9, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I don’t think my TBR pile will recover from the teasers this week! So many amazing books, so little time. Hope you will stop by and comment on my Clockwork Prince teaser on http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com !

6. August 9, 2011 at 5:07 pm

What a compelling premise for a story! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

7. August 9, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Sounds like a man who wanted to leave in style 🙂 The premise of this book sounds really too. Thanks for the recommendation and for visiting my TT! 🙂

8. August 9, 2011 at 5:31 pm

At first I thought, “What, they have to set up that arrangement at each of the forty-eight ash-sprinklings?” Then I realized it was the funeral. For that one event, I can imagine that sort of careful planning, anyway. And suddenly I’m contemplating what music I could ask to be played at my funeral, to drive certain relatives nuts. Heh.

9. August 9, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Great teaser. Thanks for stopping by my blog. 🙂

10. reading rendezvous reviewz
    August 9, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Now thats what i’m talking about. PLAN IT OUT DOWN TO THE WIRE. LOVE THEM DARN DONUTS BUT THE SUGAR WILL KILL, OH, WELL, ISN’T SO GOOD FOR YOU. PLACING THIS ONE ON MY LIST.

11. August 9, 2011 at 10:32 pm

He sounds like a very uniue person that knew that knew what he wanted! But, who in the world would name their child ‘Roastbeef’?http://booktalkswithcharla.blogspot.com/2011/08/tuesday-teaser-glass-of-time-by-michael.html

12. August 10, 2011 at 12:05 am

Sounds like a very interesting concept. I think it would be difficult to plan your own funeral like that, but also somewhat cathartic.

13. August 10, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Sounds like he wanted a party. Not a bad way to go IMO. Also, thanks so much for stopping by!

14. August 10, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Is this a novel, or a quirky memoir? Great teaser, in any case … it’s got my attention!