Saturday Snapshot!

This week, I am traveling (go figure!) and so I’ve got a few pics from the road. First, I found the button! As you might recall from an earlier Snapshot, there is a great light show in the tunnel at the Detroit airport. The only concern is that the flashing lights can cause problems for people with certain medical conditions, so there is a button you can press to suspend the light show. It’s pretty well hidden, but I found it:

I haven’t pressed the button, but eventually, I will.

And next, here’s my desk at the hotel. I was working late at night on my website, getting some things loaded for the next day. Trying to keep the site up-to-date on the road can be hard, but it does help me keep things organized.

18 comments for “Saturday Snapshot!

1. April 14, 2012 at 8:09 am

I love that light tunnel in the Detroit airport and had no idea you could suspend the show.

April 14, 2012 at 12:16 pm

I was talking to a friend whose sister was afraid to go through the tunnel because she has epilepsy, which made me curious. When I checked the airport’s website, they said there was A Button, which made me really curious.

3. April 14, 2012 at 12:29 pm

You seem pretty organized!

Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

4. April 14, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I’d like to go to Detroit just to see that show! You have a cozy little desk in that hotel 🙂

5. Kay
    April 14, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Looks like a comfortable place to work on the road.

6. April 14, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I may need to visit Detroit.

7. April 14, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I traveled for business for about 7 years. Living out of airports and hotels is not fun.

8. April 15, 2012 at 12:59 am

It’s nice that they do have a button for people who need it. I hope your travels go well!

April 15, 2012 at 1:18 am

I actually love it, Diane! And it’s a good thing — I haven’t been home a full week since January. I suppose that at some point down the road, I’ll be tired of it, but for now I think it’s great.

I agree, Alyce, I just wish the button was more prominent. If I didn’t know there was a button and go in there actively looking for it, I would never have seen it.

10. April 15, 2012 at 5:31 am

What an intriguing journey you’re having! I like that you shared your workspace….

Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy the rest of your trip.

11. April 15, 2012 at 7:35 am

Light shows can also affect people who get severe migraines. I remember a light show at a bowling alley. I left within a few minutes of it starting out. The strobing lights had started a migraine.
    A lovely spot in the hotel room. Did the hotel have internet connection?

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

12. April 15, 2012 at 9:53 am

I’d love to see the light show, but unfortunately, some things that people love can be detrimental to other people. Like perfume for those with allergies. Here’s Mine

13. April 15, 2012 at 11:53 am

I was surprised last time I was there by how nice the Detroit airport is – I would connect through there any day!

14. April 15, 2012 at 12:31 pm

My desk should look that tidy … I suppose in a hotel room, you can’t get too messy … but I’d manage!

15. April 15, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I love the extended explanation above the Button. I’m trying to imagine someone who’s really alarmed carefully reading the whole notice…

16. April 15, 2012 at 5:11 pm

I’ve seen those light shows before but I don’t remember where, probably an airport. Interesting, I didn’t know there was such a button but good to know in case of emergency. I can’t imagine finding it in a panic, though.

17. April 16, 2012 at 5:27 pm

yea… travel!! Fun and not fun both!!

Love the button. Makes me want to push it! Lol

Thx for stopping by my Sat! Enjoy your travels!!!

18. April 16, 2012 at 11:41 pm

I like the lighting in that second photo. It looks like a good spot to get some work done.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog last Saturday!