an_open_book

This week, I am going through some old photos and I found this tiny snapshot – a picture of my mom and dad on their wedding day! We’re currently preparing for their Golden Anniversary party, so it makes sense that they look like kids in this picture, but oh my! They look so young!

12 comments for “Saturday Snapshot

1. April 13, 2013 at 9:50 am

They do look young and they almost look like statues in that picture!

2. April 13, 2013 at 9:52 am

Oh, yes, it is always surprising to see older people when they were young. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy the Golden Anniversary!

Here’s MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

3. April 13, 2013 at 12:30 pm

What a great picture to capture that moment in time..happy Golden anniversary!!

4. April 13, 2013 at 1:39 pm

What a lovely discovery. Happy Anniversary to them.

5. Judy Blauer
    April 13, 2013 at 6:51 pm

They must have been married just a year or two before we were. My veil was a tiara and tulle also. Lots of young men in uniform, it was the time of the draft. What a great discovery.

6. April 13, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Priceless. How quickly the time flies (and our kids will be looking at our wedding photos and saying how young we look!!)

7. April 13, 2013 at 8:02 pm

So tender. What life they’ve seen since then. Here’s Mine

8. April 13, 2013 at 8:04 pm

How lovely. She almost looks like that delicate ballerina you used to find in jewellry boxes :)

9. April 14, 2013 at 3:51 am

What a great memory. I agree with Melwyk, your mum does look like a music box dancer- lovely.

10. Bud
    April 15, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Marty never looked so thin in the 17 years I have known him. Your mom is a knock out beauty

11. April 17, 2013 at 10:56 am

What a sweet photo! It is always a surprise to me when I look back at photos of my parents when they were first married. :) Especially now that I am almost 20 years older than they were at their wedding. Congrats to your parents on so many years of marriage!

12. Sandra Goldstein
    July 8, 2013 at 1:14 pm

They do look really young, especially your Dad, even though he is wearing a uniform. He looks like a baby in a military uniform! I wish I had pictures like this of my parents when they got married. Come to think of it, I don’t think I ever saw a wedding picture of them. I know they got married after I was born, but I don’t recall ever seeing them in a formal wedding picture. It would have been nice to have such a nice memory to hold on to, especially since they aren’t together anymore. How old were your parents in this picture?