Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. You know the rules: grab your current read, open to a random page and share a two sentence teaser with us (no spoilers!). Be sure to tell us about the book, so we can add it to our TBR list!

This week, my teaser is from NOS4A2 by Joe Hill. It’s a book about a serial killer, a girl with a magic bicycle, and the world of imagination that we keep in our heads. At least, most of the time it stays in our heads.

“Vic smelled the vast vault filled with books before she saw it, because her eyes required time to adjust to the cavernous dark. She breathed deeply of the scent of decaying fiction, disintegrating history, and forgotten verse, and she observed for the first time that a room full of books smelled like dessert: a sweet snack made of figs, vanilla, glue, and cleverness.”

What a terrific description! It makes me want to run off to my favorite used book store, see if it smells the same way.

What’s teasing you this week?

6 comments for “Teaser Tuesday

1. April 23, 2013 at 8:58 am

Sounds intriguing. I love the description. My teasers this week are from Battleship by Dorothy Ours and One + One = Blue by MJ Auch, Happy reading!

2. April 23, 2013 at 10:28 am

I agree. Love the smell of delicious books. Here’s Mine

3. April 23, 2013 at 11:18 am

Oh, I love this teaser! If I find this on goodreads, it’ll be added to my favorite quotes! Thanks a lot for sharing, and happy reading
    My TT, and there’s also a 100 Followers Giveaway running on my blog

4. April 23, 2013 at 11:26 am

Just the mention of Joe Hill being the author tempted me. 🙂 The quote is especially appetizing though!

5. April 23, 2013 at 12:01 pm

That’s an amazing description. The next time I’m in my favorite bookstore, I’m going to close my eyes and take a sniff.
    My Teaser is from BLUEBONNET BRIDE.

6. April 23, 2013 at 9:45 pm

That’s a fantastic teaser — love the imagery!

Here’s my teaser from SUDDENLY ROYAL by Nichole Chase.