From The Boston Bibliophile: Today’s question: Early Reviewers- do you participate? How many books (approximately) have you received through the program? Have you liked them generally? What’s your favorite ER book? Do you participate in the discussion group on LT?
Yes! Early Reviewers is one of my favorite things about LT! The books I’ve received have been a mixed bag – some I loved, some I didn’t. I participate in the discussion group, if only to keep track of what is being mailed out and which books are still MIA. I think the program is a fabulous way to bring people in to LibraryThing, as well as a great tool for publishers to get books into the hands of people who will read them, love them and most of all review them.
The books I’ve gotten so far:
- The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff (loved it – my review is here)
- Any Given Doomsday by Lori Handeland (I have not finished this one yet)
- A Dog Among Diplomats by J.F. Englert (not my cuppa – review is here)
- Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah (didn’t love it, but it wasn’t bad – review is here)
- Happy Hour is for Amateurs: A Lost Decade in the World’s Worst Profession (hate is not strong enough – review is here)
- The Stories of Devil-Girl by Anya Achtenberg (very interesting – review is here)
- The Whiskey Rebels by David Liss (well-written, but I wasn’t swept up in it – review is here)
I’ve been very lucky so far…and! I just found out I’ll be receiving The Spanish Bow by Andromeda Romano-Lax from the September batch! Keep ’em coming, LibraryThing!